Introduction to Experimental Design
Bioinformatics and data analysis starts with a good experimental design. In this section we will explore the aspects of experimental design that are important to a successful bioinformatic data analysis.
Upon completion of this section on experimental design the learner will be able to:
- Assess the assumptions and limitations of the biological domain and the sequencing technology as it relates to a biology question of interest
- Evaluate which sequencing technology will provide the best results for a given project
- Determine the limitations that result from reducing the amount of data collected in order to fit within a given budget.
- Biological system
- Sequencing Technology
- Generic Examples of Experimental Design
- Multiplexing High Throughput Sequencing Samples
- List of Biology exceptions and irregularities